Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More Passion: Classical Guitar II


Journey to Passion

I started playing the classical guitar when I was 14. The reason why I decided to learn the classical guitar is a long story, but I somehow managed to take lessons for 4 years straight. Once I reached my final years in high school, due to having too much fun, I became lazy with practicing and eventually ended my lessons. Then went off to college and then LDS mission, so for several years I really didn't practice like I should have and lost some skills.

Interesting part of this is that all those years, I never really had the love or the passion for playing the classical guitar. I enjoyed it, but never would have called it my favorite thing to do. I began to realize how much I enjoyed and loved playing the guitar when I went off to England to serve my LDS mission for two years and lost my privilege to play the guitar. Its funny how people don't understand what and how much they have until they lose it. So this is what happened. I begun my journey of passion for classical guitars.

My passion for classical guitar was aroused when I couldn't have the pleasure of plucking a sweet melody of my guitar. Hence, when I returned back, I spent a lot of time and money searching for that perfect guitar for me, and once I did, I finally found my passion.

So why the Passion??
One might ask such question and there really isn't a straight answer. Having the ability to produce a sweet melody with your own fingers such as Carlos Domenicone's Koyunbaba is very gratifying experience. Playing or listening to a classical guitar music uplifts me and makes me want to be a better person (not that many things in the world can). So in summary, classical guitar is like photography for me. It is something that captures beauty that cannot be explained by words.

Check my videos at:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYZvdlpcz8
2) http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=503949805&
s=30&hash=e1a8d9306f36465e12491ff89185179a#/video/video.php?v=2394299805


3 comments:

Eun-Jin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eun-Jin said...

when did you videotape your playing? sounds awesome. i do have to make a comment that one of the strings sounded just a little out of tune... i also wished i could have been able to see your right hand since i personally think that's the hard part.

Jun's Love & Life said...

Yea I recorded those quite a while ago. I know about the out of tune part. For that first song I have to uptune the first 3 strings and down tune the bottom base string and my tuner doesn't tune well when its out of basic tuning and my hearing is not good enough to do it precisely. I actually think the left hand is harder than the right hand.